Thursday, October 21, 2010

I've seen your pictures in the paper and I've wondered what you looked like.

Spotlight on a scene!!

Do you know something depressing? Every time I write a post, I think this is it. I'm going to get back into circulation. And then I don't write anything again for weeks. What's weird is that I don't know why. I'm busy. But I was busy at the beginning of the year and I wrote a lot then. Ever since I started this blog I've been busy but that hasn't stopped me from writing in it. So I don't know what the deal is. I intend to crack the case and figure out what is going on. Maybe I just need to get back into the swing of things. Anyway, we'll see.

So, spotlight on a scene. Last night I watched The Awful Truth with my sister. I love that movie. It was neat watching it with my sister because it gave me a whole new perspective on the movie. When I was a kid, I'd watch the movie and relate to Cary Grant's character because... well, it's Cary Grant. Then as I started watching it when I grew older, I began to relate to both characters a bit more. Well, last night, the whole movie changed. It wasn't about Cary Grant and how he tries to win Irene Dunne back after their divorce. It was about Irene Dunne and how spunky and spirited she is throughout the film. It tells about how her husband wants to divorce her even though she hasn't done anything (and even though he has) and how she eventually shows him that she was right all along. Watching through my sister's eyes was fascinating because she'd say, "Oh, that poor girl!" Her attention was entirely focused on Irene Dunne and, consequently, so was mine.

Anyway, for my spotlight I want to focus on quite possibly my favorite scene in the film: the scene where Lucy pays Jerry back for ruining her engagement by ruining his. It's side-splitting hilarious. I may have shown it on this blog previously but that's okay.



I hope you enjoyed the scene! Do any of you have movies that you've begun to see in a different light?


P.S. I'm always getting that silly "My Dreams Have Gone With The Wind" song stuck in my head. It's been in my head all morning!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that scene, too! She is hilarious! :")

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scene is just hilarious! A marvelous way to get even with Cary's character; Irene is so funny :) And about your writing issues, I had the same problem few weeks ago and I wasn't even busy. I just started to write about things that really amused me without thinking too much. When I was working I followed a Classic Hollywood meme, that way I thought all day about the next subject and then it wasn't so hard to write the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been doing the same thing with my posting. I feel bad for neglecting my blog, but there always seems to be something to do. Thats one of my favorite scenes in the film. That song constantly gets stuck in my head as well. Ill probably catch myself singing it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!