Tuesday, May 1, 2012

and it's happy to see you!

Good heavens! Well, that was quite an unexpected hiatus. But, I'm back now. Hooray! And ready to get back to work here. Let's see, to start things off on the right foot, I'll get back to a much-neglected post series I had been about to start and never really went through with: movies I want to watch.

First off, I'd like to boast a little bit. This New Year's, I made a resolution to watch 50 movies I'd never seen before and read 20 books. I've actually already surpassed the book goal - just finished #22 - and I'm well underway on the movie goal - I watched #21 earlier this month. It's a fun resolution. It has its ups and downs though. In trying so hard to watch new things, I haven't really gotten around to watching old favorites quite as frequently. This isn't bad, exactly, but I have missed some old friends.

Anyhow, here's a movie I've been wanting to see but haven't yet gotten around to it: Sullivan's Travels.

It seems to be a really good movie. But I can't tell whether it's a comedy or a drama and that bothers me. I really don't like dramas that masquerade as comedies and so I've avoided it. But Veronica Lake does look positively adorable in a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!