Monday, May 7, 2012

They sure did ring that bell.

I really like this song, especially the way Lena Horne sings it. The song may or may not be more endeared to me by the fact that it was cut from Cabin in the Sky because some foolish people thought it inappropriate to have a black woman in a bubble bath. Good grief. If there's one thing I'm grateful for in living in the present day, it's that we're finally beginning to grow out of that kind of bigotry. I'm not saying we're through with it, of course, but we're making headway compared to the stupidity of back then. Anyway, it drives me crazy that this scene was cut from the movie. I just love her in this scene. She's so darn cute and sexy and beautiful. It tells loads more about her character than any other part in the movie, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!