Monday, November 28, 2011

I eat husbands.

So, one of my favorite screwball comedies is a lesser known Claudette Colbert and Don Ameche film called Midnight. I know I've mentioned it before. The plot is moderately simple: penniless chorus girl, Eve (Colbert), is on the hunt for a rich husband when she meets taxi driver, Tibor Czerny (Ameche). Afraid she's falling in love with him, she's runs away and runs right into a high society party and a tricky love triangle. Now, a rich husband, George Flamarian (John Barrymore), wants Eve to help him separate his wife (Mary Astor) and her lover (Francis Lederer). Eve assumes Tibor's name to put on the charade and help George out. When Tibor finds out, he's on his way to find out why she's using his name... and to make it permanent! Here's a scene from the movie and I hope it'll whet your appetite to see the whole thing; it's a delightful film!



P.S. I titled the post as such because I think that line is so funny! And weird. What kind of a line is that?

1 comment:

  1. Hey. ITS a great post, I'm sure you spent a lot of time to research all this.
    I almost gave up researching this topic. Is this wordpress website? Do you have any social pages to follow?. I will visit you often, bye

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!