Sunday, December 10, 2017

Horseradish.

My goodness. One week into my whole "I'm going to post twice a week" and I missed the second post. Ah well. Another week, another try. I'm going to also attempt to give myself a pass since it is December. However, I'm one of those people who fills up her schedule with events and plans at every opportunity. And then I yearn for quiet times. It's a bit silly. Anyway...

I've been on a bit of a sappy Christmas movie binge lately. You know, the hallmark channel flavor of Christmas movies. They're completely over the top and ridiculous. Usually about a character (typically a woman) who doesn't understand the true meaning of Christmas and comes to discover it after falling in love. Yadayadayada. I realize a lot of people truly enjoy these and cry and revel in them. So, I shall attempt not to be too scathing. But, I do enjoy making fun of them. I even made a bingo board to check off as I watch them!

I took a break tonight from my recent programming to watch a good, solid classic. I sort of jumped the gun on Christmas movies this year so now I'm trying to pace myself. Tonight, I watched Christmas in Connecticut (1945). I love this movie!



If you've never seen it, the premise is that Elizabeth Lane (Barbara Stanwyck) is a writer who pens a popular article about cooking and her life in her farm in Connecticut with her husband and baby. The hitch is that she's actually a single woman, living in New York City with no baby, no farm, and no idea how to cook. When her publisher invites a war hero to her farm for Christmas, Elizabeth has to think fast on how she's going to come up with a farm, a husband, and a baby in time.



I love this movie. I love Elizabeth, I love Jefferson Jones. I love Uncle Felix. And there are so many good quotes!!



This is a movie I discovered from other bloggers. It's a Christmas tradition I started as an adult. And I love it!



Do any of you have favorites you discovered via blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!