Monday, October 3, 2011

Come where the so well beloved is waiting

So, I, uh (ahem) have been a little obsessed lately with Vic Damone. Actually, with two of his movies, Kismet and Hit the Deck. And Vic Damone. I don't know why. I don't know why I fall into any of my obsessions. It's always a little inexplicable and, it seems, a little unstoppable. In any case, I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts. The following scene is a song that I have not been able to stop listening to. Every time it comes on, I play it again. To the point where I've finally added it twice on my playlist so that I don't have to keep replaying it. As the uploader says this is "a rather wonderful movie sequence." It's so incredibly over-the-top and completely unnecessary. But it's so much fun! My favorite parts are the dancing girls that keep weaving throughout the parade. And, by the way, can you imagine being Marsinah (the girl on the receiving end of this whole thing) and having this insane parade coming towards you - and all you're expecting is this cute gardener to show up? Crazy! So, here it is. Just click on the picture to get to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!