Wednesday, July 26, 2017

I feel like I'm not out of bed yet

Good morning!

So this is the first post in what I hope will be an ongoing series that I can post randomly on my blog about unsung heroes.

Basically, I want to point out side characters, background characters, cameos, and other random people and things in movies that (I think) make the movie that much better.

My first post on the topic will be dedicated to the inspiration of it:



The shipyard singer from On the Town (1949). You know the one: "I feel like I'm not out of bed yet..." The character was performed by Bern Hoffman. He's actually been a good number of films but none that I've seen with a singing role. Which is too bad, because he has this incredible voice that is rich and gorgeous.

The lyrics he's singing are totally relatable: "oh the sun is warm but my blanket's warmer." Yep. I hear you, man.


Bonus points awarded because my sisters and I used to quote this bit pretty frequently and I still think of it pretty much every time I get up and the morning and am not ready to be up yet.

Sadly I can't find a clip from the movie. Anyone else have any favorite random roles from movies? If you can't think of any, don't worry. I really am hoping to have these sorts of posts once or twice a month. We can discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!