Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A very good place to start

So, I feel as if every 6 months or so I resurrect this poor blog out of the ashes and say, "I'm going to start this again!" and then I stop after a few posts. It's a vicious cycle.

November is National Novel Writing Month. Typically, every year around this time, I spend the month of November feverishly writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Last year, I didn't do it because I had too much going on. And this year, my friend, Kat, and I discussed the matter. Kat also likes to write and we both felt sad for skipping last year. But we both felt a little unmotivated and too overwhelmed to try this year. So, we came up with a compromise. We would each spend the month doing something creative, even if it wasn't writing novels. She is building a board game and I am going to have a month of blogging.



Here is how it will work: I will post something every day. There are tons of ideas I have for how I want this blog to be and I'm going to try and pour all of those ideas into this month of blogging. After the month is over, I'll sort through and figure out what worked and what didn't. If you have any feedback, please let me know!!

Because of who I am as a person, I'm theming each day of the week to a particular post type:

Sundays: Style inspiration - I'll be wearing an outfit inspired by a classic movie star
Mondays: Movie Reviews
Tuesdays: Crafting inspirations - I'll be posting crafts inspired by classic movies. This month, each craft will be different but some of the craft types will be repeated even if the exact crafts remain original.
Wednesdays: Way Back Wednesdays - this was Kat's idea and these posts will be spent discussing past blog posts I did that I liked quite a bit, past classic movie experiences that I've had, that kind of thing
Thursdays: Spotlight on a... - this may be a spotlight on a musical number, a scene, a performer
Fridays: Foodie Fridays - I'll be posting recipes inspired by classic movies!
Saturdays: Saturday Picture Show - I have so many photos of classic film stars. This is my chance to share them!

Please feel free to comment, discuss, offer feedback - I have added some security to my comment section because I was getting a lot of spammers - but I really love to hear from you!

I'm using this as my post for today. Tune in tomorrow for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!