Thursday, November 9, 2017

He never comes 'til September!

So, today I'd like to do a Spotlight on a song... again. This one is a theme song and - you may notice the theme here - it's the theme song for the movie I've been talking about all week: Come September (1961). The tune was written by Bobby Darin and it plays over the opening credits of the movie.



I don't have anything deep or philosophical or analytical to say about the song. Just that I love it. A couple of months ago, I played it practically on repeat; I couldn't get enough of it! I don't know why. I wish I did. I tried to find a Pandora station for it so I could get some similar music but I couldn't find any. I downloaded some Mancini tunes to try and fill up a playlist but Mancini's music is... I don't know... a little darker in tone than this piece?

Here it is and I do hope you enjoy it! And if you know of any other songs, artists, albums, playlists, or Pandora stations that have this kind of vibe, please let me know!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!