Sunday, November 5, 2017

How often does a man get rid of all of his troubles at the same time?

Style Sunday!

Have you ever seen Come September (1961)? It is a delightful movie. I'll go into more detail tomorrow about why you should see it if you haven't but, in the meantime, I'd like to talk about how amazing Gina Lollobrigida's costumes are in that movie.

I mean...


Every...



Single...



Outfit...






Is just...



 Divine...





I even love the wacky t-shirt she wears with the funky-looking fish. I showed my friend this movie and when this outfit came up, she said, "oh, god. That's awful." But I love the boxy cut of the top, the stripes behind the graphic. So cute! Not going to lie... I'm planning to make a top inspired by this one some day...




In the meantime, I have a dress that is actually quite similar to one of the dresses she wears. I'm not wearing a petticoat underneath it to give it the same poof - someday... But I was pretty excited when I realized I already had a ready-made inspired-by dress to wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!