Tuesday, November 14, 2017

I want candy

This week's craft post is not inspired by a classic movie... but it is inspired by a movie so I'm going to go with it.

My dear friend, Ashley, threw a Marie Antoinette themed party a little over a week ago. A few months prior, she and I were watching Marie Antoinette (2006) and we both fell in love with the minimal styling of playing cards from the time period. I've seen this kind of card before in Jane Austen adaptations like Mansfield Park. Ashley and I looked at each other and we agreed that we should definitely include those cards at the party.


I had this idea in my head that the cards, like Ashley's upcoming party, should all be in pastels. So, I bought a packet of pastel markers and Kat showed me where I could buy blank playing cards on Amazon.

I looked up other playing cards to see how the suits are lined up for each number.


For the royals, I googled Rococo art and found some lovely sketches of ladies and gentleman. I edited each picture to have a little reflection of the image at the bottom. Then I printed each one and modpodged them onto the cards.





End result? Fabulous.


Source: The Tillmans

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!