Sunday, January 31, 2010

You're the nose on the great Durante!

In the past couple of months, I have been honored with several awards from several wonderful bloggers and I am embarrassingly tardy in posting them. I think to avoid a very long post full of facts and lists about me, I will break up the post into two segments and discuss two blogs for each post. So, here we go, awards post #1:


Award #1 was kindly bestowed upon me by Meredith at L.A. La Land. The rules for this award are to link back to the person who tagged me, answer the following questions with one word only (I'm assuming hyphenated words count as one), and then link to a few other blogs that I think are also Over the Top.

1. Where is your phone? purse
2. Your hair? blondish
3. Your Mother? wonderful
4. Your Father? priest
5. Your favorite food? popcorn
6. Your dream last night? odd
7. Your favorite drink? mudslide
8. Your dream/goal? best-seller
9. What room are you in? bedroom
10. Your hobby? movie-watching
11. Your fear? drowning
(12. is missing)
13. Where were you last night? bed
14. Something that you’re not? allergic
15. Muffins? chocolate-chip
16. Wish list item? iPhone!
17. Where did you grow up? Titusville
18. Last thing you did? drive
19. What are you wearing? clothing
20. Your TV? laptop
21. Your pets? kitty
22. Friends? far
23. Your life? good
24. Your mood? happy
25. Missing someone? friends
26. Vehicle? red
27. Something you’re not wearing? boots
28. Your favorite store? Amazon
29. Your Favorite color? green?
30. When was the last time you laughed? morning
31. The last time you cried? embarrassing
32. Your best friend? wonderful
33. One place that I go to over and over? Disney!
34. Facebook? yep
35. Favorite place to eat? Chipotle

Now, for other people whose blogs, I think are Over the Top, I tag:
And...scene!
ClassicForever
Fire and Music
Gingerology
The Drifter and the Gypsy


Okay, now for Award #2!
Which I was kindly awarded by Wendymoon at Movie Viewing Girl.
The rules for this one are: link back, write 5 random things, tag 5 fabulous people.
So, 5 random things:
1. I've recently gotten really into listening to Annette Funicello. I bought this Sherman Brothers' cd, which had several of her songs on it - I got hooked.
2. Whenever I get out of my car, I sing whatever song I was listening to when I turned the car of - the neighbors must think I'm crazy.
3. I'm addicted to popcorn. I could probably eat it every day, or maybe every other day.
4. I fall madly in love with book characters. One of my many unrequited literary loves is Sir Percy Blakeney in Baroness Orczy's Scarlet Pimpernel series.
5. I love to cook but I get very easily discouraged when my cooking endeavors go awry (as they often seem to do).

The 5 fabulous blogs? I tag:
Emma's Music
our.city.lights
Pixie Drive-In
Much Love
Matou en Peluche

Phew! Thank you again to Wendymoon and Meredith for tagging me! I will post up more awards next Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. Oh! Thank you so much for your award! And congratulations on your awards! Great facts. The Sherman Brothers are marvelous.

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS, SALLY!!!

    Very thoughtful of you to mention G-ology...hope it is entertaining and informative for you - that is the goal, anyway!

    Love your blog, too...I am 'branching out' into other, 'non-Ginger' movies, and your site has helped out as far as picking out movies for viewing, and cool facts!

    Thanks again!!

    VKmfan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And thanks so much! I will definately post that on my blog this week!!

    pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the awards, Sally! I love the tidbit about popcorn being your favorite food ... it's not the same, but buttered popcorn is one of my favorite jellybean flavors :)

    p.s. Thanks for your recent comment. I love The Tao of Pooh ... but I didn't know of Milne's collections of children's poetry - I can't wait to read them!

    bystacy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and thanks so much!! Will definitely do a post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I would have to agree with you in your tardiness on accepting the award! I will add this to the lis, thank you so much!

    I'm very behind on replying to comments but this is a great blog!!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!