Monday, August 15, 2011

It's a miracle of the Space Age.

Okay, so I know I don't often do this but I'm going to post a video of one of my all-time favorite contemporary movies and, actually, one of my all-time favorite movies ever. The movie is Down with Love and it is absolutely, side-splittingly hilarious. I've written about it before. I wrote a review of it for my list of 100 favorite movies and I also compared it to a couple of classic films because it's really an homage to the 50's/60's sex comedies of Rock/Doris and Tony/Natalie fame. This is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. The banter is so funny and I think these two actors (David Hyde Pierce and Ewan McGregor) have very good chemistry together. All of their scenes in this movie are just gold. Anyway, here is the scene. Just to warn you, this movie, and this scene in particular, contain a significant amount of sexual humor - all done in good taste, but if that sort of humor offends you, you may not enjoy the clip.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Sally!

    I don't know if you accept awards.. I just passed your blog one anyway.. ;")

    Hope it's ok with you..

    http://andthentheystartsprkling.blogspot.com/2011/08/award-for-and-then-they-start-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love David Hyde Pierce! I'm definitely going to have to watch this movie sometime. That clip is hilarious.

    I've given your blog an award, too. Actually, it's the same one Irene gave you, but I couldn't resist awarding you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    My name's Rianna and I write a blog called Frankly, My Dear (franklymydear-blog.blogspot.com). I enjoy your blog and so when I was passed on the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, I wanted to tag your blog, too. My blog has details. Hope you'll accept it!
    Rianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am gonna follow you from now. I wanted to thank you for this share, You are a good author.
    I needed such post. This is blog on wordpress or what system are you using? Do you have any social pages to follow?. See ya

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!