Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm gonna tell him just that!

This past weekend I spent well over an hour perusing classic movie blogs. I've now subscribed to several (I have a list in the side bar) and I love the daily updates from fellow classic film enthusiasts. A few things I've learned in my perusals: bloggers love pictures, an interesting header entices people to continue reading a blog, and polls are fun! So, with that new knowledge I'm going to start playing around more with my site. I want to try and create a new poll every week. I'm really excited about this and it really hope people respond to it, but we'll see. I'll let you know when I've put up the new blog (maybe Thursday?).*** Also, one of these days I'm going to try and fix my header to make it more interesting. I've kind of liked the current look - I think the minimal aspect of my page makes it look sort of classy, but there is something to be said about a really cool picture (this one from Hollywood Dreamland is my particular favorite, so far). As for the pictures, I'm still debating. Old photographs and old movie posters are undeniably fun and classy. I like the way Classic Forever does photos of the day. But sometimes too many pictures gets distracting, in my opinion. I have to admit, I kind of like the way I use just a few photos here and there. But, looking through blogs has renewed an interest in old photos and I love the way some bloggers (like the writer of Some Parade) use photos as illustrations. I'd like to work on using photos in an effective way (without stealing the idea, of course). But we'll see where that goes. I'm not making any promises.

In other news, continuing in my list of Top 100 Movies:

#2 The Philadelphia Story


*** I broke down and posted the poll anyway. I couldn't wait! It's along the theme of my movie choice above. I'll leave the poll up for the week and change it next Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to all the new stuff! I love experimentation and innovation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love some of those blogs you mentioned! I'll have to check out the ones I'd not heard of. Can't wait to see the new treats!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!