The rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
So, now I have to think of some interesting things, which is a surprisingly difficult thing to do! I hope you find them interesting or, at the very least, mildly noteworthy.
1. I corresponded with an author, Mr. Lloyd Alexander (you may recognize him for having written The Black Cauldron, which Disney turned into a movie in 1985), for about 6 or 8 years, starting from elementary school all the way to college. Sadly, he passed away two years ago but he was a really great man, a wonderful author, and a kind pen pal.
2. My dream choice of weapon: bow and arrow. This may seem a little Robin Hood-esque of me, but I really do think that archery is such a neat and underrated sport. We did it for 2 weeks in middle school - it was the only part of gym I liked and I was sick half of the time! (of course, we did soft ball which is the bain of my existence for about a month) I now own 2 bows and some arrows and all I lack is a place to use them.
3. My mom made my dresses for junior and senior prom. Now, this may seem more of an interesting fact on my mother, but still - I got to pick out the patterns and no one at my school had the same dress!
4. I'm about to graduate college! I'll graduate in December with a B.A. in English (and yes, I'm familiar with the song from Avenue Q) After graduation, I plan to get an M.F.A. in Children's Literature so that I can write children's books!
5. I love hats. I used to collect them when I was in high school. Since then, I've moved around a lot and hats are incredibly difficult to move with because they're weirdly shaped and often easily ruined. My humble collection consists of about 4 fedoras, 6 newsie caps, 3 berets, and a 20's style hat that I don't know the name of. I'm dying to get my hands on a really good top hat (a bowler hat would be nice too).
6. I love Gilbert and Sullivan operettas. My favorite is The Pirates of Penzance and my sisters and I used to reenact songs from it. (I was always Ruth whenever we sang "O, False One.")
7. I'm working on becoming a ballroom dance teacher. I love dancing. For my certification, I have to know the first 7 steps of Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Cha-Cha, Swing, and Rumba. I'm nearly done, which is incredibly exciting!
The 7 blogs I nominate are:
A Noodle in a Haystack
Fire and Music
Four Story Mistake
L.A. La Land
Standard of the Day