Monday, January 30, 2012

I'd rather have a paper doll to call my own

I know I already posted a video from Two Girls and a Sailor, but I'm going to go ahead and post a second one. This one is a song performed by the great Lena Horne, called "Paper Doll."

I've always liked this song. It took me years to really understand the song and realize she was singing a song from a guy's perspective and didn't really want a paper doll. To me, as a kid, a song about having paper dolls seemed really neat, I guess. Anyway...

I also love her dress. I love dresses with cutouts, especially when the cutouts are both classy and sexy, like this one. So cool! I love the lacey look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!