Thursday, December 24, 2009

Come meet the yuletide revelers

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I realize today is a holiday so I'll make this post short. I wanted to post a quick entry about one of my favorite holiday dresses.

Nora's Christmas Eve party cocktail dress in The Thin Man (1934):



It's a lovely dress (if anyone wants to get it for me for Christmas, I'd be ever so happy!)
C.K. Dexter Haven mentioned it in his wonderful write-up of the film. Isn't it a great dress? It's so classy and sexy and festive!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I hope you get to go to as swinging a party as Nick and Nora's.

P.S. I finally had a chance to watch Christmas in Connecticut (1945) and I loved it! So hilarious!! I was laughing out loud and keeping my fingers crossed for it to end happily. I'm already wanting to rewatch it!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. This dress is totally you! Stripes, sexy and classy!!! Well not this year but…2010…??? Who knows? Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is fantastic. I love stripes. They never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna looks like a candy cane! Love the look she is throwing @ Bill in the 1st. pic. My fave is absent - decorating the tree with an icepack on her head, turning only to say, "The next person who wishes me a Merry Christmas? I'll kill 'em!". No wonder she played Nora for over a decade!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!