Thursday, December 24, 2009

Come meet the yuletide revelers

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I realize today is a holiday so I'll make this post short. I wanted to post a quick entry about one of my favorite holiday dresses.

Nora's Christmas Eve party cocktail dress in The Thin Man (1934):

It's a lovely dress (if anyone wants to get it for me for Christmas, I'd be ever so happy!)
C.K. Dexter Haven mentioned it in his wonderful write-up of the film. Isn't it a great dress? It's so classy and sexy and festive!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and I hope you get to go to as swinging a party as Nick and Nora's.

P.S. I finally had a chance to watch Christmas in Connecticut (1945) and I loved it! So hilarious!! I was laughing out loud and keeping my fingers crossed for it to end happily. I'm already wanting to rewatch it!

Merry Christmas!


  1. This dress is totally you! Stripes, sexy and classy!!! Well not this year but…2010…??? Who knows? Merry Christmas!!!

  2. That dress is fantastic. I love stripes. They never go out of style.