Friday, December 11, 2009

My condition is only so-so

I have a confession to make: (I'm always making confessions, it seems.) Whenever I think of good dancers, I always forget about Rita Hayworth. Isn't that awful?



The fact of the matter is, though, she danced with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly. She kept up with both of them and she always looked amazing.


I'm going to keep this post short because I'm in the process of moving out of my dorm. Next time you see me, I'll be a college graduate! Whoopee!!



Just to prove how great Rita Hayworth is, I'll post a couple of really great numbers performed by her. Enjoy! And tell me which one you like better. Of course, this may boil down to a Fred vs. Gene debate but do comment and tell me what you think. And don't forget that you have a few days left to vote on the two polls, so go vote before time runs out!



3 comments:

  1. Oh she's so glamorous! I just love Rita Hayworth. She's great with both men, I think. My mother said that Fred Astaire named her as his favorite dance partner, so there you go!


    And congratulations on your graduation!
    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dance from "Cover Girl" - the technicolor, the explosive energy, and Gene Kelly. Funnily enough, in this number, she is better than him. Much better. She kicks higher and hits her points more precisely. And she's totally exuberant. He seems in awe of her - as awe fits his character who is dreaming of dancing with the woman of his dreams.

    Also love the number with Astaire, which is totally underrated. Rita exudes glamor and seduction here. And she's still so very young. 22 or 23. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what I like most about Rita's dancing, besides the fact that she is fabulous, is that she looks like she is having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!