Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Okay shoot! I mean... what's on your mind?

It's nearing Christmas and I am going to attempt to make my posts semi-holiday-themed (no promises, though). The next on the list of 100 movies is sort of a Christmas movie, to my mind (However, I tend to categorize strange movies as Christmas movies). Continuing on the list of 100 movies:

#6 The Thin Man (1934)


This movie is absolutely delightful! Hollywood Dreamland did a fantastic series of reviews on the films and it's a great read for those who have seen the movies as well as those who have not.

The Fred and Ginger dances poll is still going on, so please continue voting. And thank you to all who have voted already!

I'd like to add another poll just for fun. There's a good chance that it will be a landslide victory... but I will just accept that this time. If there's variety, that's great because variety is always a wonderful thing. And if everyone votes for the same movie then we can all revel in our flawless taste. (But we can do that no matter what the result is).

Also, for the sake of discussion, which quote from the movie is your favorite? There are so many, I have difficulty choosing one, but the title is one of my favorites. I say it all the time. What's your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. I think I liked Nick and Nora before they have the baby...not as serious....even then not really serious, but great!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!