Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's a lovely day today

Now, for my shorter list of dancers, the dancing teams that were paired but once - either for one film or for one number. I fear I must apologize for being inconsistent. You see, I put John Brascia and Vera Ellen in the longer list because they were in about 3 dances together and I figured that was enough. However, when I came back to look at this list later, I realized that Ann Miller and Tommy Rall and Fred Astaire and Jane Powell have also met that criteria. What do you think? Should I rearrange my list so tha John Brascia and Vera Ellen are moved to the shorter list? Or does it really matter? I suppose in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter too much, but I'd like to be consistent. I'll think about it. In the meantime, the list in no particular order:

Cyd Charisse and John Brascia
Favorite dance: "Frankie and Johnny" from Meet Me In Las Vegas

Ann Miller and Tommy Rall
Favorite dance: "Why Can't You Behave?" from Kiss Me Kate
(which is, unfortunately, unavailable)

Fred Astaire and Jane Powell
Favorite dance: "How Could You Believe Me?" but since that one is not available, here is my second favorite which is also from Royal Wedding

Gene Kelly and Rita Hayworth
Favorite dance: "Put Me To The Test" from Cover Girl

Donald O'Connor and Vera Ellen
Favorite dance: "Something to Dance About" from Call Me Madam

2 comments:

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!