Monday, May 17, 2010

No, it's a two-fer..

I looked at my dancing couples list and realized that the next two couples are ones that I've talked about a lot. So, I figured that instead of waxing eloquent, yet again, I'll just post the links to the videos because you've heard it all before, really.

8. Bob Fosse and Carol Haney
Favorite dance: I think you can guess it. "From This Moment On" from Kiss Me Kate. This number is so sexy and cool. I just can't get enough of it!

7. Vera-Ellen and John Brascia
Favorite dance: I think I'm going to have to say "Abraham" from White Christmas I actually haven't talked about this number a lot, mostly because the video of isn't very good quality and I'd rather share a number that's more share-able. But I really do love this number. It shows what absolutely incredible dancers they are. They're so athletic, sexy, and energetic. This is one of those numbers that inspires me to learn to tap dance whilst intimidating me exceedingly.


P.S. I'm sorry I've been so behind on blog commenting lately. I've had some pretty crazy work hours.

5 comments:

  1. Wow--thanks for posting that amazing Kiss Me Kate number. It's been a long, long time since I've seen that movie, and I'd actually forgotten that Fosse was in it. How could I do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dances are pretty fun and energetic! Bob Fosse is AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ken-new port richey,flMay 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM

    Carol Haney was a really self-less dancer!!! She taught lots of the stars.. Lost out on many roles-Shirley MacLaine might never had her chance at fame if Carol hadn't broken her ankle on Broadway's,"Pajama Game"[Right ouuta H-wood--- Ms. MacClaine was the understudy and Hal Wallis was in the audience that night.. then when her 'star' was rising during the filming of,"Pajama Game",She was diagnosed with Type 11 Diabetes.This is her only credited film!!! Her diabetes became very bad, and sadly, she passed at age 39. She was Gene Kelly's 'Right-Hand Man',so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a better copy of the "Abraham" clip at youtube. Enter vera-ellen - Wow! in the search box

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVS2XalMsm8

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!