Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wife, do we know anyone who smells of violet?


Today, I'm going to highlight a particularly good scene. (It seems like a long time since I've said that, doesn't it?)

This scene is from Holiday (1938) with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn. It's my favorite part of the entire movie and when I think of this movie, I'm usually thinking about this scene. You can probably guess which one I'm talking about. It's the scene where Linda entertains her party of "very unimportant people."


You get to see all of the best people in the film all thrown together in a room, having a marvelous time. They're all getting drunk, playing instruments, putting on puppet shows, and performing acrobatic feats - another one of those scenes that makes me want to jump into the movie and join them! I'll embed the video below. I came across this clip from the incomparable Curious Mel, whose own blog is perfectly delightful. Enjoy!



And I realize I already used this photo for the last time I discussed this movie, but I don't care. It's such a neat photo and I love the way it's at an angle. I just find it a very fascinating shot.


Click on photos for sources.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this movie, but I really want to now! Such great acting in the clip you shared. I think I just need to watch more Cary Grant period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks for the shoutout, I'm so glad you posted this scene! It's my favorite from Holiday (especially the bit at the end)! Gee I wish I had a playroom like that.

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!