Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More curves than a scenic railway

Let me preface this post with an acknowledgment that the above quote is actually not relating to the couple in question. Okay, now I can continue with a clear conscience. Phew!

2. Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse

Favorite dance: the hoofer and the vixen portion of "Broadway Melody" in Singin' in the Rain

Individually, they were beautiful dancers, athletic, graceful, and sexy. Together, they had a definite chemistry, whether in the hills of Scotland or in the famous jazz ballet.


(Can you tell I've been reading TCM books lately? I'm testing out their style. It's difficult to sound original, though, when you work your way through multiple amazing people. You end up using synonyms like "electrifying," "scintillating," or "sizzling." Okay, sidenote is over.) I had originally slated this couple is number 4 in my list. But when I started writing about them and started discussing how powerfully sexy and incredible their dancing was, I realized that I needed to rethink my list.

Any guesses on my number 1 couple? All right, all right. I know that they're probably a dead giveaway. But at least I can offer you a few surprises (hopefully) on the short list of once-paired dancing couples that will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!