Saturday, March 13, 2010

Then there's the kind what can't make up their mind...

I realize this post was technically published a day late - I truly apologize for my tardiness! Continuing on the list of dancers...
10. Dick van Dyke
Favorite dance: "Jolly Holiday" (the penguin dance) from Mary Poppins





I love Dick van Dyke. Really, I do. So funny, charming, and wacky. I started watching his tv show a few years ago. My friends would tell me that they could hear me laughing out loud as they walked down the hallway. Anyway, I love him in Mary Poppins. I've heard people make fun of his Cockney accent, but seriously, does the film really ask for realism? That's my argument, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I love Dick van Dyke too! I used to have a pretty big crush on him. And I love his cockney accent in Mary Poppins.

    pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!! Dick Van Dyke! <3
    I LOVE the penguin sequence in Mary Poppins. Love love love love love!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dick Van Dyke! Sigh. The "Jolly Holiday" dance in Mary Poppins never, never gets old! I also used to love watching "The Dick Van Dyke Show" on TV Land every morning. Sadly, they're not airing it at present :( Must be time to get the DVD box sets!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!