Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a drag...

I realized this morning that I didn't post yesterday. I hope you don't mind if I post-published yesterday's post. I already had it written up, I just had to get it out there. Anyway, #10 is listed, he's just behind. You can find out who #10 on my list is by going here. Thanks!

And a big thank you to all of those who guessed on the quote of the week! Everyone who guessed, got it right! The quote was from The Sound of Music. I love that part of the movie. Sadly, I really don't care for the second half of the film (too serious!) but I do love that scene. Okay, there are a few scenes in the second half that I like. But, after Maria and the Captain get married, I generally skip ahead to the concert. Anyway, now for #9...

9. John Brascia
Favorite dance: "Frankie and Johnny" from Meet Me in Las Vegas (was actually going to choose "Abraham" from White Christmas but couldn't find a good quality video of it. This one, however, is an extremely close second and I'm happy for the opportunity to talk about it!)



Sadly, I don't have a picture of Mr. John Brascia because he was another of those background-type dancers. Now, he had several amazing solos. The one I've embedded, for instance, as well as three numbers in White Christmas. Many of you will probably recognize him as Vera-Ellen's sexy dance partner. I first discovered the "Frankie and Johnny" number through one of Emma's posts. The number is so sexy and fun. I think this song is, traditionally speaking, a little depressing. But this rendition of it is so great! I really think Brascia and Charisse are a great pairing (although, he and Vera-Ellen make a great pairing too). They're both so athletic but graceful, sexy but controlled... it's amazing. Enjoy!

1 comment:

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!