Monday, March 8, 2010

When you're a Jet, you're the swingin'-est thing.

12. Russ Tamblyn
Favorite dance: "Dance at the Gym" from West Side Story



I like him best in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ("I stand by Adam!") but my favorite dance of his is the mambo dance in West Side Story. And I absolutely love the part from 3:51-4:06. If I could be that girl when he slides her across the floor... looks like so much fun!! I actually asked my Swing dance teacher in high school if I could learn to do that and she said it takes a lot of upper body strength on the part of the girl (basically suggesting that it would be impractical for me to attempt). Ah well. One can dream..


2 comments:

  1. Russ Tamblyn is my favorite from West Side Story! Thanks for posting about him!!

    pixiedrivein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ Tamblyn is just COOL!

    Spoiler alert!

    When he died in WSS, I was like, "It's over. I'm turning this off"! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!