Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'll say what you say - even black is blue.

9. Shirley Temple


Favorite dance: "On Account-a I Love You" from Baby, Take A Bow



I adore Shirley Temple. She was such a delightful little mass of talent. Sometimes, I feel a little saddened by how exploited she was, but since she seemed to turn out okay, I get over it. I love watching her dance. She had so much personality when she danced. This song is one of my favorites of hers. I love the part where she starts shaking her head and all of her little curls fly in front of her face - too cute! I also really like her costar, James Dunn. I think he was a good costar for her. Although it may sound weird, I think they had good chemistry as a duo. I always found it easy to believe that they were pals. I don't really know as much about Shirley Temple as I'd like; she's someone I'd enjoy doing a little more research on. If anyone has any recommendations on that front, do pass them on.

By the way, this is one of my favorite Shirley Temple films. I highly recommend it for anyone new to watching Shirley Temple films. This is really the only song in the movie and the majority of the film is a sort of suspense plot (crazy, I know). It's a riot. I remember showing this movie around when I was younger. I'd show it to my cousin who would staunchly say that he didn't want to watch a Shirley Temple movie, and then he'd be sitting at the edge of his seat the whole time. Seriously! It's an incredibly fun film.

3 comments:

  1. Shirley is so adorable and talented! My favorite films of hers are Just Around the Corner and Stowaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, she was so adorable and talented! I loved her in Heidi and A Little Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!