Monday, April 19, 2010

Smoke on your pipe and put that in!

First, I really should discuss Friday's quote before I forget again. Luckily, miriamt commented with the answer right before I wrote the post.. and she got it right! Hooray!! For those of you who have never seen The Court Jester, you must go see it. It's absolutely hilarious. Classic Danny Kaye.

Okay, moving on to the dancing ladies list:

6. Rita Moreno


Favorite dance: "America" from West Side Story



I actually prefer "Dance at the Gym," but this song better displays Rita's high-kicking awesomeness (for lack of a better description). This is really the only movie in which I've seen Rita Moreno dance... and I almost wonder if she should be lower on the list for that factor. But she really is an incredible dancer, especially in this movie. I'm afraid I don't have much else to say about her. I think she's an amazing actress and I wish she could get more attention for her talent.

photo courtesy of Doctor Macro

1 comment:

  1. Rita Moreno dances briefly with Ricardo Montalban in LATIN LOVERS. They dance very well together.

    You can see her stylized dancing as Zelda at R.F.'s party in SINGIN' IN THE RAIN. It's a hoot. She kind of dances around her date, who stands still.

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!