Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh, he's just full of applesauce.

Segment time! Spotlight on a musical number. Today, I want to spotlight a scene from Thoroughly Modern Millie: "The Tapioca."

This song is zany and fun, making it fit beautifully with the rest of the film, one of the wackiest movies ever. I get this song stuck in my head all the time, which is tricky, because there are very few words! These are the times when I wish life were really a musical. We could make up a dance and within a few minutes, everyone would be able to dance it with perfection. I love when everybody dances in unison but I also really love the way the dance works like a round: Jimmy dances one movie then Millie echoes it - so neat! How much fun! Really, this should probably be featured in my What Fun segment - maybe it will be some day. Anyhow, here is the complete song for your enjoyment. I recommend the movie as well, but more on that another time.



I've often thought "The Sauerkraut" had some definite potential as a dance. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love this movie. Mary Tyler Moore and Julie Andrews make such perfect flappers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I feel like every time you post something I'm like I LOVE THIS but I truly love this film and this dance! Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore are adorable here. My favorite part of the song is FRANKS FRANKS, FRANKS FRANKS! Hahahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved to have seen "The Sauerkraut" and "The Franks." They both had potential, though "The Sauerkraut" might severely injure people on the dance floor. :)

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!