Saturday, April 10, 2010

No wonder I'm a bit under par

13. Rita Hayworth

click on photo for source

Favorite dance: her short tap duet with Fred Astaire in You'll Never Get Rich



I wrote a post a good while ago about Ms. Hayworth. For some strange reason, I always forget that she was a dancer, and a darn good one too! She was sexy, playful, and feminine. To be honest, I was going to put "So Near and Yet So Far" as my favorite, but when I went to go look it up on YouTube, this one came up. I watched it and immediately loved it! I have to confess, I don't care for the Astaire-Hayworth musicals. Their plotlines are so weird - at least, if I remember correctly. And I've never watched them a second time. I think that's why I always forget Rita Hayworth when I think of dancers. But she really is terrific and the more I watch of her dancing, the more I love it!



I just have to post one more photo because Rita Hayworth was absolutely stunningly beautiful. I mean, look at her! Can someone tell me what Orson Welles was thinking by having affairs? One thing I think is interesting, and I realize it's part of the part she's playing, but she just oozes (hate that word) confidence in these numbers. I find that ironic, based on what I've read about her. Just a note.

click on photo for source

I'm going to try and start giving credit for the photos I find. It may be tricky because I have a relatively long past of simply saving photos to my computer. I wasn't trying to steal them or anything; I just like to use them as screensavers and wallpapers, mostly. But since I've been blogging so much lately I've been realizing that I really do need to give credit where it's due. Again, photos that I've had for a while I may not be able to give credit because it's often harder to re-find something. But I'll do what I can.

4 comments:

  1. She is incredible! But I'm with you. I also forget about her a lot :-( I love that first photo of her. She looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous... i hear that Astaire loved dancing with her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE RITA HAYWORTH! I liked her in Cover Girl and You Were Never Lovelier! I think Astaire said she was his favorite dancer, and I do think they look great together! She was such a lovely person!

    ReplyDelete

To reduce comment spammers, I've had to start moderating the comments. Thank you for understanding! I can't wait to approve your comment and engage in classic movie discussion!